2 POSTS IN 1 WEEK WHAT A RECORD!! I was sent a link by a friend the other day with a LOAD of > dairy-free breakfast ideas < from the YouTube channel ‘Tasty’. They all looked EXTREMELY delicious, but my fave one was the pancakes. Pancake day is next week but I’m missing out on it because of skiing so why not do it early eh?! Anyway, as pancakes are super easy to do, I thought why not! I had to go out n get some blueberries which I got but then I also ended up in the free from aisle in Sainsbury’s, admittedly though I had a maaajor craving for chocolate and the one I know is good for vegans is the moo-free one.. £2.50 for a bar… oops.
Anyway, back to pancakes. I did have a craving since watching the video clip and after reading the recipe, so I just had to make them. They were pretty simple to make although I take ages to make pancakes for some reason:/ but yeah, this is defo an option for you to make on the wonderful pancake day… especially if you are vegan or gluten free!
Ingredients for the blueberry syrup:
- 100g granulated sugar
- 120ml water
- 150g blueberries
Ingredients for the pancakes (simple):
- 180g gf plain flour & 1tsp xantham gum
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 300ml soya milk
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying (I love to use the fry-light stuff)
METHOD for the blueberry syrup:
- Combine the sugar, water and blueberries into a small saucepan and leave to boil over a medium heat.
- Once at a syrup consistency, set aside so you can crack on with ya pancakes!
METHOD for the pancakes:
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Add in the oil and milk until you have a smooth batter
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and pour as pancake mix in as you want. I tend to go for the little chunky ones because they are A LOT easier to flip!
- Fry each one for a couple of minutes, but be careful bc the longer the pan has been on the heat for, the quicker the batter solidifies and will potentially burn!
- Once you’ve done all of the pancakes, add the blueberry syrup! You could pop it ALL on the top or keep it to the side for each individual pancake… up to you!
These are super yummy and went surprisingly well considering they are gluten free!!
(please excuse the different pic colours, the angles and lighting were rather varied!)
[…] Slowly coming to the end of the vegan week!! I had a slight craving for >> pancakes << so I was like why not make some! (I’ve blogged the pancakes btw). They MASSIVELY […]